Learning by Doing
We use real-life experience to prepare you for the real-life practice of acupuncture and Oriental medicine.
You will learn by doing as much as by listening – through active learning experiences. Nearly 30 percent of your training is devoted to labs, methods, and clinical internship. Our program emphasizes hands-on skill development in needling techniques, tui na (Chinese massage), and accessory techniques such as cupping and moxibustion.
Our anatomy and physiology classes even include studying cadavers. Your training includes group exercises and “Virtual Patient” software. All this prepares you for the most important stage of training – your clinical internship.
From the first to last trimester, you develop your skills in:
- Acupuncture needling techniques
- Accessory techniques
- Tui Na
- Western biomedical clinical procedures
- Emergency procedures
- Tai Ji / Qi Gong
- Introductory Chinese language
- Herbal preparation and dispensary skills
- Practice management and preparation for national board exams