Christian M. Hanson
- Assistant Professor
- College of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Infection Control Officer
- Provost's Office
Office Phone:952-888-4777 ext. 309
Currently Teaching (2014-2015)
- CLINIC SEMINAR 2
- DIAGNOSTIC ANALYSIS IN CHINESE MEDICINE
- ESTABLISHING A SUCCESSFUL TCM PRACTICE
- INTERACTIVE SKILLS
- INTRODUCTION TO PRACTICE MANAGEMENT AND BUSINESS BASICS
- MEDICAL ASEPSIS & RISK MANAGEMENT
- PATIENT ASSESSMENT AND INTERACTIVE SKILLS
- PRACTICE MANAGEMENT 1
- PRE-CLINICAL WORKSHOP
As associate dean of clinical education for the College of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, I strive to create a dynamic clinical experience for our patient’s and students. I am passionate about patient education and ensuring the safe and ethical practice of my profession, and in turn to assist in the development of future practitioners.
My clinical background includes providing Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) care in an integrative hospital setting and working with end-stage oncology patients. In addition to my TCM training, I am certified as a therapeutic coach wherein I utilize mind-body therapies including neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) and hypnotherapy to assist patients during their health challenges. During my tenure in the acute care setting, I played a vital role in the development of acupuncture clinical policy and assisted in the design of the nation’s first hospital electronic medical record with Oriental Medicine specific documentation protocols and programming.
My personal philosophy regarding healthcare administration is that we all have a unique path that leads to health and wellness. As a provider, I emphasize patient education and the promotion of personal wellbeing and healthy lifestyle choices - always with a focus on patient- centered care.
- CPR/AED certification, 2010
- Master of Oriental Medicine - Northwestern Health Sciences University, 2005