- College of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
Office Phone:952-888-4777 ext. 333
Currently Teaching (2014-2015)
I am a third-generation practitioner of Chinese medicine who is also trained as an orthopedic surgeon. Prior to coming to Minnesota in 1997, I practiced both acupuncture and surgery at Tianjin First Central Hospital in Tianjin, China. I am currently a professor in the acupuncture program and the lead teacher in the needling technique and tui na classes.
I am always seeking to learn new acupuncture styles and schools of thought, and in the past I have studied with many acupuncture and tui na masters. Over the years I have developed my own treatment style and I believe that it is time to pass my secrets on to my students. I enjoy the yin-yang balance that teaching and practicing has brought to my life.
In my efforts to improve training methods in the West, I created a DVD called “Advanced Acupuncture Techniques," the first English-language video on needling techniques. In addition to my teaching duties at Northwestern, I have been invited as a guest lecturer to a number of institutions, including Harvard Medical School, Oregon College of Oriental Medicine and the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine.
- CPR/AED certification, 2009
- NCCAOM Diplomate - Acupuncture,
- NCCAOM Diplomate - Chinese Herbology,
- Bachelor of Medicine - Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 2008
- Doctor of Philosophy - Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 2011