Admission Requirements - School of Massage Therapy
Certificate in Massage Therapy /
Associate of Applied Science in Massage Therapy (A.A.S.)
Applicants must meet these requirements:
- High school diploma or a General Educational Development diploma (GED)*
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or better
- Pass a criminal background check
- Demonstrate sufficient maturity to undertake a healthcare profession, including the capacity to ethically and responsibly manage professional boundaries
- Meet all additional qualifications (These qualifications assist you in progressing through the curriculum and clinical training in a massage therapy program.)
- Complete an admission application
*As a replacement for a high school diploma or GED, 60 semester credit hours completed within a college or university accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education will meet admission requirements.
Note to applicant: Admission is competitive and enrollment is limited. Satisfying the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission. Transfer students from other massage therapy programs who meet Northwestern's admission requirements can be accommodated.
Transfer and prerequisite approval: Approval of transfer or prerequisite course work for one academic program does not guarantee transfer or prerequisite approval of the same courses for another program.
Responsibility of applicant: It is the responsibility of the applicant to be aware of the entrance requirements and to ensure that they are met prior to enrollment. If Northwestern determines at any time that requirements are not met in full, the student will not be allowed to enroll or to continue at Northwestern.