Transfer Students - School of Massage Therapy
Step 1 – Complete the application
Follow the instructions on How to Apply.
Step 2 – Submit additional transcripts
In addition to the transcripts required for the application, have any other massage therapy programs you attended send official transcripts directly to the Office of Admissions.
Step 3 – Have transfer credits reviewed
Notify the Office of Admissions of any courses that you want reviewed for transfer credit.
Transfer policy – School of Massage Therapy
- The institution where you completed your transfer course work must be accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- You may transfer a maximum of 20.5 credits.
- Courses may transfer to Northwestern if you have received grades of C or better.
- Transfer courses must have similar course content, name, length and objective, and correspond to courses within Northwestern’s massage therapy curriculum. The Dean of the School of Massage Therapy or designee at Northwestern will determine comparability.
- All courses you submit for transfer must be completed within the past five years.
- All courses submitted for transfer must be applied for and posted to your Northwestern academic record prior to your enrollment.
- You may be required to submit a portfolio demonstrating your competency in the transfer course objectives.
- The final decision regarding your transfer is determined by the Dean of the School of Massage Therapy.
- Approval of transfer course work for the School of Massage Therapy does not guarantee transfer of the same courses for another academic program at Northwestern.
- Transfer policies are subject to change.