Vinnie the Vertebrate Rental Policy
In accepting the Vinnie the Vertebrate rental policy, you are acknowledging that you will receive only a costume and it is your responsibility to provide the staff to support the costume. The costume requires two people – one to function as Vinnie the Vertebrate and an assistant to guide Vinnie safely.
- Vinnie the Vertebrate must be used for the purpose of spinal health education in the areas of chiropractic for use in elementary, middle and high schools, community health events, and related public events. Vinnie may also be used in other public locations with the approval of Northwestern Health Sciences University.
- Anyone who has received confirmation of a Vinnie rental is held accountable for the consistency and integrity of the character.
- Vinnie is to be portrayed as a fun, lively and helpful character. Vinnie may only be accompanied with positive and constructive messages.
- Vinnie must always be portrayed as a respectful character that is always appropriate while out in the community.
- Northwestern has the right to deny use based on availability and on the relevance of your organization using the Vinnie character.
- Vinnie is not to be used to endorse any person, product, company, candidate for political office or any political party unless approved by Northwestern Health Sciences University.
- Northwestern expects that you would take care of the Vinnie costume as if it were your own.
- If the costume is not returned or is damaged beyond repair, the renter is responsible for the cost to replace the costume.
- Vinnie costume rental is for 3 days (pick-up day before event, use day of event, and return day after event) unless previous arrangements are made.
- A minimum of 2 weeks’ notice is required for costume rental. If possible, notify us 1 month in advance for proper planning for use of Vinnie costume.
- Vinnie can be reserved up to 1 year in advance.
- Northwestern has priority over the use of Vinnie. Consult the Vinnie rental calendar to confirm availability on the dates you want to reserve Vinnie.
- A refundable deposit of $400.00 (minus shipping costs) is due once your reservation request has been approved and placed "on hold" in the Vinnie rental calendar.
- The cost to ship from Northwestern to the renter will be deducted from the security deposit before the deposit is refunded. Cost of shipping is the responsibility of the renter.
- The deposit will not be refunded if: the costume rental is canceled within 1 week of the event; the costume is returned damaged (the cost of repair will be deducted from the security deposit); the costume is returned, but is missing any of its pieces.
- If the event is canceled, and the product has already been shipped, all shipping fees will be deducted from the security deposit.
- The deposit will be refunded within 1 month of the costume transaction provided everything was returned on time and undamaged.
The rental fee covers 3 days of use; weekends and holidays count as 1 day. If your rental is longer than 3 days, additional fees will need to be discussed. Rental fees and security deposit are due before the costume can be picked up or shipped.
Cost per rental
Lifetime Active member of the College of Chiropractic Alumni Association - find out more
Shipping or pick up
The renter is responsible for shipping costs and arrangements, including returning the costume to Northwestern. The cost of shipping will be deducted from the security deposit before the deposit is refunded. The cost of shipping typically ranges from $100.00-$400.00 EACH WAY depending on the location.
Shipping estimates are available at UPS. The costume is shipped in a crate that weighs 88 lbs. and measures 32"L x 36"w x 26"h. Renter must insure the costume for $6,500.00 for its return shipment.
The costume will be shipped via UPS (ground shipment) 5 days before the reservation dates. Vinnie should be shipped back to Northwestern in the same manner the next business day following the event.
The costume can be picked up and returned to Northwestern without any shipping fees. Local renters within a reasonable distance from Northwestern (approx. 1-2 hour s drive time) are strongly encouraged to pick up the costume.
Local renters can pick up the costume 1 business day before their reservation dates and return it 1 business day after.
For questions, contact:
Julie Erickson, administrative assistant
Office of Alumni and Career Services
952/800-888-4777 ext. 163
Vinnie the Vertebrate was made possible through a generous donation from the College of Chiropractic Alumni Association.