Vinnie the Vertebrate Rental Policy
In accepting the Vinnie the Vertebrate rental policy, you are acknowledging that you will receive only a costume and it is your responsibility to provide the staff to support the costume. The costume requires two people – one to function as Vinnie the Vertebrate and an assistant to guide Vinnie safely.
- Vinnie the Vertebrate must be used for the purpose of spinal health education in the areas of chiropractic for use in elementary, middle and high schools, community health events, and related public events. Vinnie may also be used in other public locations with the approval of Northwestern Health Sciences University.
- Anyone who has received confirmation of a Vinnie rental is held accountable for the consistency and integrity of the character.
- Vinnie is to be portrayed as a fun, lively and helpful character. Vinnie may only be accompanied with positive and constructive messages.
- Vinnie must always be portrayed as a respectful character that is always appropriate while out in the community.
- Northwestern has the right to deny use based on availability and on the relevance of your organization using the Vinnie character.
- Vinnie is not to be used to endorse any person, product, company, candidate for political office or any political party unless approved by Northwestern Health Sciences University.
- Northwestern expects that you would take care of the Vinnie costume as if it were your own.
- If the costume is not returned or is damaged beyond repair, the renter is responsible for the cost to replace the costume.
- Vinnie costume rental is for 3 days (pick-up day before event, use day of event, and return day after event) unless previous arrangements are made.
- A minimum of 2 weeks’ notice is required for costume rental. If possible, notify us 1 month in advance for proper planning for use of Vinnie costume.
- Vinnie can be reserved up to 1 year in advance.
- Northwestern has priority over the use of Vinnie. Check the Vinnie rental calendar to confirm availability on the dates you want to reserve Vinnie or call Susie Biwer, Office of Alumni and Career Services, at 952/800-888-4777 ext. 237.
- A refundable deposit of $400.00 (minus shipping costs) is due once your reservation request has been approved and placed "on hold" in the Vinnie rental calendar.
- The deposit will not be refunded if: the costume rental is canceled within 1 week of the event; the costume is returned damaged (the cost of repair will be deducted from the security deposit); the costume is returned, but is missing any of its pieces.
- The deposit will be refunded within 1 month of the costume transaction provided everything was returned on time and undamaged.
The rental fee covers 3 days of use; weekends and holidays count as 1 day. If your rental is longer than 3 days, additional fees will need to be discussed. The rental fee and security deposit are due before the costume can be picked up.
Cost per rental
Lifetime Active member of the Chiropractic Alumni Association - find out more
Pick up only
The costume can be picked up at (and returned to) Northwestern's University Bookstore. Renters can pick up the costume 1 business day before their reservation dates and return it 1 business day after. Check Bookstore hours.
For questions, contact:
Susie Biwer, assistant director
Office of Alumni and Career Services
952/800-888-4777 ext. 237
Vinnie the Vertebrate was made possible through a generous donation from the College of Chiropractic Alumni Association.