Amy L. Horton
- Assistant Professor
- Bloomington Natural Care Center
- Spinal disc injuries
- Neck and back pain
- Pregnancy-related issues
- Childhood ear infections and colic
I am a doctor of chiropractic and faculty clinician at the Bloomington Natural Care Center. I practice chiropractic care and as a faculty clinician, I mentor student interns in patient management and treatment.
I am certified in Webster Technique, a chiropractic analysis and adjustment used to correct misalignment of the vertebrae in a pregnant woman’s sacrum or pelvis. I am also certified in Graston Technique, an instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization.
My formal education includes an undergraduate degree in biology and pre-medical studies. I’ve earned a diplomate in chiropractic neurology which provided me with specialized training for disorders that affect the nerves.
I enjoy helping patients in a family-oriented practice in dealing with a wide variety of conditions. My philosophy of care is to promote a natural approach to health and healing which integrates all facets of a patient’s overall well-being.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, 1997
- American Chiropractric Neurology, 2005
- Bachelor of Arts - Carlton College, 1996
- Doctor of Chiropractic - Northwestern Heaalth Sciences University, 2000