- Nurse Practitioner
- University Health Services
- Holistic and integrative health services
- Healthcare and advance practice nurse education
- Health policy, healthcare reform, patient advocacy
I am a nurse practitioner at the Bloomington Natural Care Center and University Health Services (UHS), a student and employee health clinic of Northwestern Health Sciences University. I am also an assistant clinical faculty member at the University of Minnesota.
Through the University’s collaboration with the University of Minnesota School of Nursing and Center for Spirituality & Healing, I have the pleasure to be the first nurse practitioner to provide nursing services in Northwestern's clinics. I find this to be a thrilling opportunity because I see many commonalities in nursing and the healthcare modalities represented at Northwestern. Most significant – Northwestern's healthcare providers look at the patient holistically, assessing and treating the physical, emotional, psychological, social and spiritual needs of their patients.
In my practice, I specialize in primary individual and family care. I am licensed as a registered nurse and certified as an adult nurse practitioner, as well as a family nurse practitioner.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice – George Washington University, 2010
- Master of Arts - St. Catherine's University, 1995
- Bachelor of Arts - St. Catherine's University, 1990
- Family Nurse Practitioner Certification - American Nurses Credentialing Center, 2002
- Adult Nurse Practitioner Certification - American Nurses Credentialing Center, 1991
- Registered Nurse, State of Minnesota - Minnesota Board of Nursing, 1977