John E. Pirog
- College of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Depression and anxiety disorders
- Musculoskeletal pain
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Side effects of chemotherapy and radiation
I am a licensed acupuncturist and Oriental medicine practitioner at the Bloomington Natural Care Center and professor at the College of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine at Northwestern Health Sciences University.
Acupuncture and Oriental medicine is more than a career choice for me; I was driven by the hope that acupuncture could reduce the dependence on drugs and surgery that many Americans saw as the only options for treating chronic illness. Over the years I have learned that acupuncture can accomplish this and much more: it can restore people’s confidence in their own self-healing ability. I have seen patients regain dignity and self-reliance wherever I have practiced: in a hospital in China, in a drug detox clinic in New York, in various free clinics in Chicago, and of course in my practice at the Bloomington Natural Care Center. I find no greater joy than in making my skills available to those who most need them.
Pirog, J. (1996). Practical Application of Meridian Style Acupuncture. Berkeley, CA, Pacific View Press; 1996.
- CPR/AED certification, 2009
- NCCAOM Diplomate - Acupuncture,
- NCCAOM Diplomate - Chinese Herbology,
- Master of Science in Oriental Medicine - Midwest Center for the Study of Oriental Medicine, 1999