John E. Pirog
- College of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Depression and anxiety disorders
- Musculoskeletal pain
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Side effects of chemotherapy and radiation
I am a licensed acupuncturist and Oriental medicine practitioner at the BNorthwestern Health Clinic - Bloomington and professor in the Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine program at Northwestern Health Sciences University.
Acupuncture and Oriental medicine is more than a career choice for me; I was driven by the hope that acupuncture could reduce the dependence on drugs and surgery that many Americans saw as the only options for treating chronic illness. Over the years I have learned that acupuncture can accomplish this and much more: it can restore people’s confidence in their own self-healing ability.
I have seen patients regain dignity and self-reliance wherever I have practiced: in a hospital in China, in a drug detox clinic in New York, in various free clinics in Chicago, and of course in my practice at the Northwestern Health Clinic - Bloomington. I find no greater joy than in making my skills available to those who most need them.
Pirog, J. (1996). Practical Application of Meridian Style Acupuncture. Berkeley, CA, Pacific View Press; 1996.
- CPR/AED certification, 2009
- NCCAOM Diplomate - Acupuncture,
- NCCAOM Diplomate - Chinese Herbology,
- Master of Science in Oriental Medicine - Midwest Center for the Study of Oriental Medicine, 1999