Chiro Games 2014 - Team Northwestern
Oct. 30 - Nov. 3, 2014 Cocoa Beach, Florida
Join us for Chiro Games – an annual event for student athletes to compete in 11 sports events, socialize and build lasting friendships with future colleagues at other schools.
Games: Saturday, Nov. 1 - Sunday, Nov. 2
Travel dates: Thursday, Oct. 30 and Monday, Nov. 3
Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida
Final info/itinerary meeting for Team Northwestern:
Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2014 at Noon
Teams and sports events
Find out about the role of the team captain, team membership and the sports schedule for all of the Chiro Games 2014 sports events.
Who can participate?
- You must be a currently enrolled Northwestern student
- You must compete in an athletic event to attend and receive Student Senate funding
- Employees and family members are not allowed to participate.
The sign-up sheet is in Kevin Wagner's office in Student Affairs.
Participants may miss up to 3 days of classes. The University does not recognize these days as excused absences, so you must makle arrangements with your instructor(s) ahead of time.
Transportation and hotel
All teams will travel by plane (flight details will be announced).
Sign up for your hotel room prior to departing. Four students per room. One student per room needs to give credit card number at check-in to cover incidentals.
Support Team Northwestern - make a donation!
Our students attend Chiro Games not only for the friendly competition but to forge memories and friendships that a lifetime - relationships that enhance their professional careers as well. Help support Team Northwestern through your much appreciated donation.
Cost of attendance
The cost of approximately $400 includes:
- Entry fee: $45 (Golf: $80 per golfer)
- Hotel: 4 nights at $117 per night (4 per room)
- Airfare: TBD (depends on no. of students)
- T-shirt jerseys (if needed) - approx. $20 each
- Minus: Student Senate stipend - up to $100 (depends on no. of students)
- Spring payment: $200 due by Friday, May 9, 2014
- Fall payment: $200 due by Monday, Sept. 8, 2014
Payment non-refundable. All checks should be made out to "NWHSU Chiro Games" and turned in to the Office of Student Affairs.
If you have questions about the event, contact:
Kevin Wagner, associate dean
952-888-4777 ext. 322
Emily Tweed, vice president
Chiro Games 2014 is hosted by the Space Coast Sports Commission and the Chiro Games Board of Directors.