The goal of this 48 Hour Nutrition program is to provide you (novice or experienced), a complete NUTRITIONAL SYSTEM that will provide you the knowledge and confidence to help your patients IMMEDIATELY.
Though each session is a stand alone, they will build upon each other by following a simple framework of thinking using simple acronyms (STAMP & STOPBNSICK) that will help guide you through a thought process that is quick and efficient. This simple yet effective framework will guide you through: patient history, questionnaires, lab testing, physical exams, diets, and lots of detailed protocols.
In addition, during the length of the series all attendees will have access to a private online community with direct access to Dr. Sefcik, as well as the other attendees to help support each other as you implement this nutritional system.
This is the ultimate nutritional system that you’ve been waiting for.
So who should attend?
All health practitioners and office staff. It’s critical to have everyone in your office on the
same page to more effectively implement this simple system.
This program meets the Wisconsin Chiropractic
Examining Board's requirements allowing chiropractors to be eligible to apply for status to provide nutritional counseling to patients.
About the Instructor:
Charles Sefcik, DC, DACNB, CCN is a board certified chiropractic neurologist, certified clinical nutritionist, founder and clinical director of the Life Enhancement Clinic in Bismarck, ND. He uses a variety of conventionand functional diagnostic testing for improved clinical outcomes. Areas of special interest include head and neck pai, vestibular disorders, low back pain, gastrointestinal complaints and lifestyle medicine.
48-hour program is divided into
four 12-hour modules - take one or take them all
SESSION 1—INFLAMMATION, Sept. 10-11th, 2016
• Introduce the underlying causes of inflammation, oxidative stress, catabolic physiology
and insulin resistance.
• Introduce the STOP BN SICK Healing Cycle. Stop the Damage!
Discuss foundational nutrients in vitamins, minerals, macronutrients and fiber. Discuss diets and elimination,
candida, diet diaries, etc. Discuss acid/alkaline balance and foundational nutrition. Develop key strategies to stop
the damage and get in a healing cycle, inflammation protocols & macronutrient & micronutrient support. Treat the
structure and discuss importance of mitochondria membrane, cellular membrane, “leaky” barriers, posture,
breathing and movement.
• The Nutrition Patient
Patient history, key forms & questionaires, vitals, BIA, nutrition focused physical examination, basic lab testing
to evaluate. Prescribing a nutrition program and following up with the program. Place the patient “in” healing cycle.
SESSION 2—STRESS, GI CONDITIONS & ADRENAL SUPPORT, Oct. 22-23rd, 2016
• Introduction to basic Adrenal Adaptogen Support
• Continue discussion on inflammation, catabolic physiology, oxidative stress & insulin resistance.
• Detailed discussion on the “nourish” part of healing cycle—digestive health. Digestive anatomy, physiology, and nutrition exam findings with emphasis on digestive health.
• GI Conditions—IBS vs IBD, leaky gut, SIBO, diverticulitis, CRC
• Other conditions associated with dysbiois—fibromyalgia and migraine headaches
SESSION 3—TOXICITY, Nov. 12-13th, 2016
• Detailed discussion on toxicology - Homotoxicology, endotoxins, exotoxins, mitochondrial effects, liver health and the brain & estrogen metabolism issues. Nutrition exam findings — emphasis on hepatobiliary health,neurolymphatic & Chapman reflex assessment,
lab testing (home, office, blood markers, organic acid & estrogen 2:16 ratio).
• Nutritional Programs - Clear change detox program, detox focus, heavy metal focus & xenoestrogen focus.
• Key Conditions - Fatigue, estrogen toxicity, cholecystitis & neurodegeneration (Parkinson’s and toxicity).
SESSION 4—ENDOCRINE SYSTEM, Dec. 10-11th, 2016
• Detailed discussion on neuroendocrine function
HPAT axis - Stress physiology, testing the thyroid, blood sugar regulation / insulin resistance & stress and the brain.
• Nutrition exam findings — emphasis on neuroendocrine health
Neurolymphatic & Chapman reflex assessment, lab testing (home, office, blood markers, organic acid,
spectracell cardiometabolic, thyroid & iodine testing).
• Nutritional Program
Inflammation protocols, insulin resistance protocols & autoimmune protocols.
• Key Conditions
Depression/anxiety, sleep disturbances, insulin resistance / diabetes & metabolic syndrome.
note: As per the Wisconsin Board of Chiropractic
Examiners, "[the 48-hour Nutrition] programs offered
by Northwestern and the WCA or other sponsors are not interchangable
despite the fact that the lecturers and outlines may
be the same. The rule states that the 48 hour programs
described in the rules must be offered by a single
sponsor." Please contact the board directly
if you have any questions or concerns.