|Nov 23-24, 2013
Feb 15-16, 2014
April 5-6, 2014
16 CE Hours
|$299 Both Days (save $92)
$192 Sat Only
$199 Sun Only
On Saturday, you and your CA/Staff can train to become certified to perform DOT Alcohol Screening and Drug Testing services which enables you to immediately provide these new services in your practice.
On Sunday, prepare yourself for the newly created Federal Motor Carrier's Safety Administration (FMCSA) National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners (NRCME). Doctors of chiropractic and other licensed health professionals interested in conducting DOT Physical Exams need to complete training and pass the certification exam at an approved testing center by May 21,2014. For details visit https://nationalregistry.fmcsa.dot.gov.
You can be assured that we prepared our course curriculum well. Elizabeth Auppl and Dr. Brian Tasky will team up to accurately address all topics required to prepare you for the NRCME certification exam. Some of these topics include:
- FMCSA overview; legislation that affects DOT examinations
- Role of the medical examiner; DOt medical exam requirements
- Factors that affect commercial drivers
- Proper driver identification and medical history
- Educating drivers about wellness, prescriptions and OTC medications
- Additional diagnostic testing requirements; referral recommendations
- Proper FMCSA reporting and documentation
- Medical exam certificate qualifications
About the Certification Exam
More information about the certification exams offered by PSI Services can be found at http://nrcme.psiexams.com.
Starting Oct 21, 2013 exams are being offered by Comira, visit https://nationalregistry.fmcsa.dot.gov to locate a test center near you.
To be eligible to take the exam you must:
- Be licensed, certified or registered in accordance with applicable State laws and regulations to perform physical examinations;
- Register to become a medical examiner; and
- Complete our training
Be sure to take the following with you to the test center:
- Valid photo ID;
- Valid license to practice in your healthcare profession;
- Certificate of completion of training provided by NwHSU
- National Registry Number
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Website: www.fmcsa.dot.gov
Medical Review Board Website: www.mrb.fmcsa.dot.gov
Compliance with FMCSA's Training Curriculum
Our DOT Physical exam seminar conforms to FMCSA's training curriculum modules and topics on regulations and guidelines for conducting CMV driver medical examinations. FMCSA regulations and guidelines are reviewed regularly, and the training is updated as required. It was last updated on Oct 18, 2012.
Call us at 952-885-5446 to sign up for the class
or visit www.nwhealth.edu/dot2-online to take it online