- College of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
I am a clinic supervisor in the College of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine teaching clinics. I am dedicated to helping students find a balance between the educational setting and what it is like in private practice. I encourage students to develop a strong knowledge of the basics while developing compassion and understanding for their patients.
I am a licensed acupuncturist in Minnesota and have earned a diplomate in Oriental medicine (NCCAOM). I graduated summa cum laude with a master’s degree in Oriental medicine from the Minnesota College of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine.
During my clinical training, I interned at Woodwinds Hospital (HealthEast Care System) and the Courage Center, a rehabilitation center for children and adults with brain and spinal cord injuries. After graduation, I was credentialed acupuncturist at Woodwinds Hospital. During the spring of 2009, I completed a certificate of study at Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine in China.
I have been studying and practicing martial arts for more than 20 years. I currently teach Tai Chi, a Chinese martial art that is primarily practiced for its health benefits, including a means for dealing with tension and stress.
- CPR/AED certification, 2009
- NCCAOM Diplomate - Acupuncture,
- NCCAOM Diplomate - Chinese Herbology,
- Bachelor of Medicine - Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 2008
- Doctor of Philosophy - Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 2011