Chiropractic Assistant Program - Chiropractic Homecoming 2014
Friday, Feb. 7, 2014
8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Noon - 1:30 p.m. Lunch
(9:30 a.m.-10:00 a.m. / 3:00 p.m. -3:30 p.m. Breaks)
Six Secrets to Rock Their Practice Finances and Retention
Kathy Mills Chang, MCS-P
The most common problems reported in today’s chiropractic practice are retention and collections issues. Would it surprise you to know that they actually go hand in hand? They relate to the concept of Core Relationship Management with your patients.
New patients want the answers to four questions: What’s wrong with me? Can you help me? How long will it take? And how much will it cost? The time taken in the first several visits of a patient’s experience in your office to properly educate them about your clinical and financial protocols will pay dividends for the life of your relationship with this patient - because they will understand, “this is how we do it here.”
- Review the 6 clinical and 6 corresponding financial steps that make it easy to install the system of proper Core Relationship Management - and identify the compliance and financial rules and regulations that go with each.
- During this information-packed and interactive session, you will learn how to:
- Ask the right clinical and financial questions at the first contact with a new patient, typically a phone call, to ensure that you and the patient are properly prepared for that first visit
- Implement the methods for maximizing the first impression in the initial face-to-face encounter with the patient to gather all appropriate clinical data and set the tone financially
- Employ the behind-the-scenes procedures for doctors and team members to properly lay out both clinical treatment plans and financial payment plans
- Deliver important clinical and financial information to the patient that will ensure you answer those big four initial questions
- Automate your treatment and financial plans by implementing sure-fire scheduling techniques and programmed payments so nothing slips through the cracks
- Follow up to ensure your patient really understands your treatment recommendations and their financial responsibility so there are no surprises
For more than 30 years, Kathy Mills Chang has been providing doctors of chiropractic and chiropractic assistants with hands-on training, advice and tools to improve the financial performance of their practices. She is a certified medical compliance specialist and one of a select few who are certified in the chiropractic profession. She is not only a well-known and sought-after speaker, but has served in national and state level chiropractic organizations, boards and advisory councils related to the profession. She is frequently invited to address chiropractic billing, compliance, coding and insurance issues at conferences and seminars around the country.