Each student, faculty and staff member has their own email account on our GroupWise system. All official university emails are sent through the GroupWise system and students, faculty and staff are expected to check their email regularly.
To access GroupWise
- Click the email link at the top of any web page or go to https://mail.nwhealth.edu.
Faculty and staff:
- On-campus - access GroupWise from your computer
- Off-campus - click the email link at the top of any web page or go to https://mail.nwhealth.edu
Each week, email over 180 days old is archived. This applies to all emails in your mailbox and those you moved into a folder in your cabinet.
If you need access to an archived email, go to the email archiving server: http://retain.nwhealth.edu/RetainServer.
Click the Help button at the top right when logged into GroupWise.
Groupwise tutorials in Atomic Learning
You can access video tutorials on GroupWise WebAccess via Atomic Learning, Northwestern's online training partner.
To access Atomic Learning:
- Click on the Atomic Learning on your desktop (if you are using a University computer), OR
- Login to eNorthwestern and click on the Atomic Learning link
Forward email to another account
To forward your GroupWise email to another of your accounts:
- Click on the Option button while logged in to your GroupWise mailbox
- Click on the Rules tab, select Forward and click Create
- Enter a name in the Rule name field, and enter the email address you want to forward to in the To field
- Save your changes and make sure the rule is active
Send email to your mobile device
To receive Northwestern email on your mobile device, you must create a new email account on the device. You can set up either a POP3 or IMAP4 account.
If you are asked to choose an email type, in most cases you will choose Other, which usually includes any generic SMTP mail server, such as GroupWise.
When setting up the account, enter:
- A server address: gateway.nwhealth.edu
- Your GroupWise email address and password
If you have an Apple iPhone, there is also an app you can purchase for GroupWise. Get more details at http://www.ghostpattern.com/Ghost_Pattern/GW_Mail.html
Sync your email with your mobile device
Faculty and staff
We have implemented software for two-way synchronization between many smart phones and your GroupWise account. To receive email, calendar and contacts on your smart phone, contact the Help Desk at ext. 357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.