Overview - 2015 Massage Therapy Winter SymposiumPage Menu
Registration and Fees
Main conference registration fee: $189
(includes all seminars, one cadaver lab, continental breakfasts, lunches and the Saturday night cocktails and dinner)
West Meets East
Our annual Massage Therapy Winter Symposium offers you professional growth and exceptional value – all while networking with your colleagues, classmates and mentors. This year's West Meets East gathering serves as the first step for many of us to understand and recognize one's own unique wellbeing.
As we focus on energy patterns and meridians in the upper body, you'll learn both preventative and recovery-based treatments while cultivating and embracing Eastern pilosophy.
Enjoy a spectacular event, including the opportunity to:
- Earn 13.5 hours of continuing education for just $189
- Learn about Shiatsu yoga techniques, an innovative self-care technique, from Shinzo Fujimaki
- Be introduced to the philosophy, theory and practice of Eastern medicine
- Find out about Chinese food therapy and the neuroscience of meridian channels
- Practice hands-on techniques and learn new ideas to use in your practice immediately
- Observe an anatomical dissection in an optional cadaver lab session
- Visit with vendors offering products and services that can help your practice flourish
This year's featured speaker, Shinzo Fujimaki, is an internationally known, dynamic speaker who specailizes in Shiatsu and self-care techniques. He developed a form of Shiatsu Yoga based on a combination of ancient healing forms, including Shiatsu, Yoga and Qi Gong. Learn more about our featured speaker.
Bring your massage table, linens, bolster, and lotion or oil of your choice. We encourage attendees to share tables during workshops. If you are traveling from out of state and cannot bring a table, let us know when you check in and we will help you find someone with a table to team up with.
Business casual dress is appropriate during the symposium. You may wish to dress in layers for your own comfort.
Symposium seminars and luncheons will be held at Northwestern Health Sciences University, 2501 W. 84th St., Bloomington, MN 55431.
This year's symposium provides up to 13.5 hours of continuing education. Northwestern Health Sciences University is NCBTMB approved provider #450464-07.
For more information, contact:
Office of Continuing Education