Chiropractic Homecoming Brings Alumni Back Together on Campus
Kate Martin | February 04, 2013
Northwestern gears up to host the 2013 Chiropractic Homecoming and Winter Gathering February 7-9.
Northwestern chiropractic alumni from around the country will gather on campus later this week for the annual College of Chiropractic Winter Homecoming and Gathering February 7-9. The Chiropractic Homecoming is one of Northwestern’s largest events, drawing around 1,000 people to campus, including alumni, chiropractic assistants, students and vendors.
The event is filled with continuing education seminars, luncheons, networking, and social events in the evenings. The Alumni Associations will host a reception on campus Thursday afternoon, followed by a Reunion Years reception at the Hilton for the graduating classes of 1943, 1948, 1953, 1958, 1963, 1968, 1973, 1978, 1983, 1988, 1993, 1998, 2003, and 2008. All alumni from these classes are invited to the reception, even those not attending other Homecoming events.
On Friday evening, the festivities return to the Hilton to recognize the 50-year graduates and the Chiropractic Alumnus of the Year, with a dinner, dancing and back-by-popular-demand entertainment by the Deuces Wild Dueling Pianos. Employees are invited to the Friday evening event. Please email the alumni office if you would like to attend. Tickets will be handed out on Friday evening at the Hilton Hotel.
Staff and faculty are also invited to enjoy the buffet lunch on Thursday at 11:30 a.m. and Friday at 1 p.m. There are no tickets this year; just go through the buffet line in the hallway by the gym. Employees are encouraged to take their lunch to Room L4 or L5, to leave plenty of space available in the gym for homecoming attendees and guests.
A few additional reminders:
- In order to set up the exhibit area, the Cafeteria will be closing at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, February 5.
- Exhibitors will start setting up at 2 p.m. on Wednesday, February 6 and will be here to display their products until Saturday afternoon.
- Registration begins at 6:30 a.m. on Thursday, February 7.
- The Employee Lounge will be used for the Women's Networking Breakfast on Friday, February 8 from 7-8 a.m.
- Nutrition Breaks are located in the Student Lounge and the hall between Continuing Education and Lab Services.
- If you are planning to work on campus Thursday and Friday, arrive extra early for the best parking options or support SACA by using the Valet Parking at Door #1
There are no classes or clinic Thursday and Friday. Staff and faculty are welcome to visit the exhibit area and join in welcoming our alumni and friends to campus.
You can find the full schedule and more information on Chiropractic Homecoming here.