Discovery Day Showcases Programs and Campus
Kate Martin | October 29, 2012
New format combines programs into single event.
Northwestern will host about 85 prospective students for Discovery Day on Saturday, November 3, offering an in-depth view of our campus and programs. For the first time, all programs will be combined into one event.
“This gives prospective students the opportunity to meet and network with other individuals interested in any of the programs at Northwestern,” explained Jessica McCabe, MBA, Assistant Director of Admissions. McCabe went on to say that the new model allows the event to take on the same integrative approach that is intertwined throughout the programs on campus.
Students are encouraged to bring their family members and friends to Discovery Day, to experience first-hand the culture of Northwestern. Highlights of the day include:
- Speak with our deans, faculty and current students
- Learn more about our curriculum and clinical internships
- Broaden their knowledge about the science and practice of acupuncture, chiropractic or massage therapy
- Hear program information and clinical case studies from our faculty
- Enjoy a complimentary lunch while visiting with faculty and students
- Find out about the admissions process
- Tour campus with a Student Ambassador
- Chat with other prospective students
- Attend an optional financial aid workshop
Students who apply to Northwestern within 30 days of attending Discovery Day receive a first-term tuition grant.