Beth A. Burgan
- Assistant Professor
- School of Massage Therapy
- Neuromuscular therapy
- Myofascial release
- Trigger point therapy
I have been an assistant professor for the School of Massage Therapy at Northwestern Health Sciences University since the massage therapy program started in 2001. I am a supervising clinician at the University’s massage therapy teaching clinics.
My instructional responsibilities are to deliver content for professional studies curriculum: ethics, professionalism, legal aspects of massage therapy and survey of Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) modalities. I also serve as a clinic supervisor at Pillsbury House Integrative Health Clinic.
I own and manage a part-time private practice. I have advanced training in ethics, business practice management and hands-on techniques.
- Northern Lights School of Massage, 1988
- Neuromuscular Therapist, 1991
- Nat'l Cert in Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork, 1992
- CPR/AED certification, 2009
- CPR/AED certification, 2011
- Master of Arts - 1972, Kent State University
- Master of Fine Arts - 1976, Kent State University