Travis G. McCathie
- Clinical Fellow, Bloomington Natural Care Center
- Bloomington Natural Care Center
- Sports medicine
- Instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization
- Active Release Technique
I am a doctor of chiropractic and a certified athletic trainer at the Bloomington Natural Care Center. I am also a sports science fellow through Northwestern Health Sciences University and a supervising faculty clinician in the University's teaching clinics.
My treatment philosophy is to utilize integrated manual techniques to help patients achieve optimal health and performance. I have extensive training in manual therapy including being a certified Active Release Technique (ART) provider.
I have expertise in treating function-limiting disorders of the spine and the extremities including post-surgical rehabilitation. Additional areas of expertise include nutrition, muscle energy and functional squat assessment.
I have been treating athletes since 2000 as a certified athletic trainer (ATC) and now as a doctor of chiropractic. I specialize in the chronic and complex sports injuries that have failed to resolve with traditional sports medicine methods. I have treated many collegiate and professional athletes and am currently a chiropractic physician with Team USA Minnesota elite runners.
- Athletic Trainer Certificate, 2004
- Bachelor of Science - University of Wisconsin LaCrosse, 2004
- Master of Education - Iowa State University, 2007
- Doctor of Chiropractic - Northwestern Health Sciences University, 2011