University Mission and Vision Renewal
The mission statement will always be shown coupled with the first paragraph of the vision statement.
MISSION STATEMENT: No change
Northwestern Health Sciences University prepares and serves the next generation of professionals and leaders to become vital contributors to the delivery and advancement of health care. Our mission is accomplished through educational excellence, innovative research, evidence-informed patient-centered care, public health advocacy, and collaborative community engagement.
VISION STATEMENT: Change in the first paragraph
Approved October 2012
Our graduates will be vital contributors to the delivery and advancement of health care. This is realized through a rigorous and outstanding educational and student life experience emphasizing critical thinking, lifelong learning, and leadership development.
Recommended February 2013
Building upon our legacy as a leader in natural and conservative approaches to health care, we are committed to full integration within the broader community of health care in all its aspects. Our mission will be realized through a rigorous and outstanding educational and student life experience emphasizing critical thinking, lifelong learning, leadership development, and the blending of art, science and philosophy in health and healing.
Specifically, we will:
- Transform our students into health care professionals who will demonstrate excellence in patient care, focused on the restoration and preservation of health, prevention of disease, and improvement in the quality of life.
- Conduct high quality research that significantly impacts health care.
- Offer comprehensive and diverse clinical experiences and services that model excellence in health care in preparing students for evidence-informed, interdisciplinary, and patient-centered practices.
- Provide leadership and advocacy for the scientific foundation and social advancement of our health care professions.
- Engage in meaningful relationships with social service agencies, educational institutions, health systems, and corporate and other community partners that ensure a robust educational experience and advance our national visibility and reputation.
Your responses remain anonymous unless you choose to provide your contact information.