Proposed University Goals and Objectives
June 16, 2012
Recruit, educate and prepare outstanding students to be lifelong leaders in the health professions.
1. Implement innovative and progressive curricula and degree programs in natural and integrative health care.
2. Grow enrollment by attracting and retaining the most qualified and diverse students.
3. Graduate lifelong learners and leaders in the health care profession.
4. Grow and support career success of Northwestern's alumni.
5. Ensure affordable access to all students.
Pursue a sustainable research program that promotes innovative research investigating conservative treatments to meet society’s health care needs and effectively translate the evidence into clinical education and practice.
6. Establish the Wolfe-Harris Center for Clinical Studies as a national leader in research of non-surgical care for neuromusculoskeletal conditions.
7. Use research to inform our educational process and delivery of natural and integrative health care.
8. Accelerate transfer of scientific knowledge into real-world health care practice.
9. Increase research support, impact and reputation.
Community Engagement Goal
Engage in meaningful and mutually benefiting partnerships as an engine to advance learning, meet community needs, and work toward just and inclusive communities.
10. Promote the advancement of extra-curricular opportunities for integration and collaboration among students in all programs.
11. Cultivate stronger, sustainable community connections that enhance the value and impact of Northwestern's mission.
12. Accelerate and advance community engagement experiences that are tied to degree programs, professional aspirations, and personal goals and interests.
Clinical Services Goal
Provide, sustain, and promote the highest quality of innovative, diverse, and academically centered clinical services.
13. Advance the student clinical experience to cultivate expertise and model good business practices.
14. Strengthen and provide diverse clinical programs and experiences that eliminate barriers to care for the community.
15. Ensure the clinics financial strength through sound business management and new practice development strategies.
Faculty and Staff Goal
Enrich outstanding faculty and staff who are innovative, effective and dedicated to the highest standards of excellence.
16. Recruit and place the most qualified and diverse faculty, staff, and administrators.
17. Develop and train faculty and staff through educational and professional opportunities for optimal performance.
18. Recognize and reward exceptional faculty and staff.
19. Engage and retain exceptional faculty and staff.
Be responsible stewards of resources, focused on continuous improvement and driven by performance.
20. Increase Northwestern's financial viability, including revenues and self-generated funds.
21. Establish effective and efficient processes focused on continuous improvement and driven by performance.
22. Cultivate and maintain high expectations and reputation from graduates, collaborators, partners and the communities.