Linda M. Hanson
- Fellow - Research/Public Health Leadership
- Wolfe Harris Center for Clinical Studies
Office Phone:952-888-4777 ext. 316
Currently Teaching (2012-2013)
- FOUNDATIONS OF EVIDENCE - INFORMED PRACTICE
- FOUNDATIONS OF EVIDENCE-INFORMED PRACTICE
- Clinical trials
- Central pain processing and functional magnetic resonance imaging
- Qualitative research
- Evidence based healthcare/evidence informed practice and faculty development
My fellowship experience affords me the opportunity to better understand the musculoskeletal conditions our patients commonly present with. My experience to-date has made me aware that while complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) modalities are commonly used, there is still a great need for sound clinical research investigating their mechanisms of action and effectiveness. For this reason, I’ve chosen to pursue a career as a researcher.
My goal is to understand how patients process pain and the interventions, expectations, and other factors that influence patient outcomes. Further, I enjoy educating and mentoring CAM students and other healthcare professionals about the concepts of evidence informed practice and am working to provide the necessary resources to translate the use of research in CAM practices.
When I’m not at the office, I love traveling, wining and dining with friends, reading, and enjoying all the arts have to offer.
- CPR/AED certification, 2011
- Bachelor of Science - University of Victoria, 2006
- Doctor of Chiropractic - Northwestern Health Sciences University, 2009
- Chiropractic and Exercise Management of Spinal Dysfunction in Seniors
- Chiropractic and Exercise for Low Back Pain in Adolescents
- Neck-Related Headache
- The CAM Research Education Partnership Project