Beth A. Burgan
- Assistant Professor
- School of Massage Therapy
Office Phone:952-888-4777 ext. 373
Currently Teaching (2013-2014)
- ETHICS & PROFESSIONALISM
- EXPLORATION OF CAREER ENVIRONMENTS
- LEGAL ASPECTS OF THERAPEUTIC MASSAGE
- MASSAGE THERAPY'S EVOLVING ROLE IN HEALTHCARE
- PROFESSIONAL IDENTITY DEVELOPMENT
My teaching career spans more than 40 years and has included teaching art to gifted and talented as well as training adults with profound handicapping conditions. I am now thrilled to be at Northwestern, helping guide massage therapy students toward their new profession.
Regardless of the teaching environment, the main focus of my teaching philosophy is to support the learner to ignite and honor their unique skills and values and to contribute to the greater community. My goal is to continue to pursue excellence and reflect best practice standards in business practice management and massage therapy techniques.
I practice part time in a private massage therapy practice specializing in rehabilitation of soft tissue dysfunction. I also serve as a clinical supervisor at Pillsbury House Integrated Health Clinic and University Health Services.
- Northern Lights School of Massage, 1988
- Neuromuscular Therapist, 1991
- Nat'l Cert in Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork, 1992
- CPR/AED certification, 2009
- CPR/AED certification, 2011
- Master of Fine Arts - 1976, Kent State
- Master of Arts - 1972, Kent State University