Sarah L. Weaver
- Assistant Professor
- Bloomington Natural Care Center
Office Phone:952-888-4777 ext. 242
Currently Teaching (2012-2013)
I am a licensed acupuncturist and massage therapist at the Bloomington Natural Care Center and an assistant professor for Northwestern's School of Massage Therapy. I have practiced massage therapy since 1992 and began teaching in the School of Massage Therapy at Northwestern when it was founded in 2000.
I have taught courses in the professional studies portion of the massage curriculum and supervised extensively in the student clinic. The last several years I have worked on a team developing the evidence informed practice (EIP) curriculum for all three programs at Northwestern.
My clinical interests include chronic pain, headaches, conditions related to aging, women’s health, TMJ, stress-related conditions, traumatic injuries, infantile torticollis and feeding problems in infants. My massage practice has been focused on using rehabilitation techniques and craniosacral therapy.
- Nat'l Cert in Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork, 1992
- CPR/AED certification, 2009
- CPR/AED certification, 2011
- NCCAOM Diplomate - Oriental Medicine, 2013
- Bachelor of Arts - Oberlin College, 1989
- Master of Fine Arts - University of Minnesota, 2000
- Master of Oriental Medicine - NWHSU, 2008