Valerie A. Johnson
- School of Massage Therapy
- Woodwinds Natural Care Center
Office Phone:952-888-4777 ext. 611
Currently Teaching (2012-2013)
- FUNDAMENTALS OF HOSPITAL BASED MASSAGE THERAPY
- GERIATRIC MASSAGE
- INFANT MASSAGE
My interests run the continuum from teaching parents how to massage their infants to providing care at the end of life.
I am particularly interested in educating the medical community about the benefits of massage therapy. Instructing students to work with the ill and elderly in hospitals, clinics and care facilities, to work closely with medical staff, and to contribute to the health and well-being of those patients in the most need is an exciting new avenue for massage therapy.
I am currently supervising massage therapy students at Woodwinds Hospital in Woodbury, MN; Fairview Riverside Hospital in Minneapolis, MN; and Cerenity Senior Care in St. Paul, MN. My goal is to have massage therapists employed as integral members of the healthcare team in all hospitals and clinics.
- Certificate in Massage Therapy,
- Nat'l Cert in Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork, 1995
- Neuromuscular Therapist, 1998
- CPR/AED certification, 2009
- Bachelor of Science - University of Minnesota, 1974