How to Apply - Summer Science Academy
Step 1 – Complete an application by July 25, 2013
The student’s parent or guardian must complete a Summer Science Academy application:
- Apply online (an email address is required) OR
- Download a pdf of the Summer Science Academy application
Admissions - Summer Science Academy
Northwestern Health Sciences University
2501 W. 84th St.
Bloomington, MN 55431
Step 2 – Provide additional requirements
For new students only (return students do not have to provide additional requirements).
Attach to your online application, mail in or fax:
- An official junior high school transcript (please do not fax the transcript)
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher or someone outside your family
- A personal essay: 1-2 pages, submitted online or typed/handwritten
To write the personal essay, the new student should tell us:
- Something about yourself that we wouldn’t know by looking at you
- Why you like science and math
- What you hope to learn by coming to the Summer Science Academy
- About your family
- How you heard about the Summer Science Academy
The parent or guardian will be notified about the student's acceptance into Science Academy by July 30, 2013.
For questions, contact:
Summer Science Academy
952-888-4777 ext. 321
In accordance with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, the applicant's information will be used only by the office personnel and University officials and will not be released to third parties without your written consent. Northwestern Health Sciences University does not discriminate in admission practices on the basis of race, gender, sexual preference, color, religion, age, marital status, national or ethnic origin.