Mission and Goals - Summer Science Academy
The mission of Northwestern Health Sciences University’s Summer Science Academy is to advance and promote careers and opportunities in the health sciences through excellence in education, mentorship and community involvement.
- To invite youth from minority and economically disadvantaged communities to participate in Summer Science Academy
- To create a life-changing experience for students
- To excite and motivate students to increase their desire to learn - science is fun!
- To provide tools to increase the students’ ability to learn
- To enhance learning experiences in middle school and high school
- To empower and guide students to meet their potential
- To foster self confidence
- To encourage students to attend a college or university
- To further the mission of Northwestern as it relates to community involvement and a community of caring