High School Sports Pre-participation PhysicalsPage Menu
NOTE: Event has been canceled
High School Sports Pre-participation Physicals
with Baseline Concussion Testing,
and Fitness Challenge
Date, time, location
Thursday, June 4, 2015
8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Pre-participation Physical with Baseline Concussion Testing takes 90 mins.
Baseline Concussion Testing only takes 45 mins.
Northwestern Health Sciences University - Gym (door 1)
Who can participate:
- High school athletes
- Students interested in fitness, a healthy lifestyle or sports activities - but do not participate high school sports
The student’s parent or legal guardian must attend.
The Fitness Challenge a fun-filled competitive atmosphere for the student to demonstrate his/her strength, flexibility and agility. All students will be evaluated for musculoskeletal balance and flexibility before participating in the challenge to insure there is no contraindication to participation. The Fitness Challenge will:
- Identify the student’s strength, flexibility and agility
- Identify areas where student could improve
- Determine where student rates based on national rankings
Pre-participation Sports Physical Exam
The Pre-participation Sports Physical Exam fulfills the MN state law requirement for high school athletic participation. The physical exam is designed to:
- Determine if the student is in general good health
- Assess present physical fitness level
- Assess physical size and maturation
- Detect conditions that predispose student to injuries or illnesses
- Evaluate any existing injuries or illnesses
- Detect congenital anomalies that increase risk of injury or illness
- Detect poor pre-participation conditioning that increase risk
- Detect nutritional deficiencies or activities that hinder development and conditioning
Baseline Concussion Testing
The ImPACT test meets the MN State High School League (MSHSL) recommendation for Baseline Concussion Testing. The purpose of the exam is to:
- Determine student’s brain function and visual function prior to injury
- Determine if student has completely recovered from previous concussion
Who conducts the exams
Northwestern College of Chiropractic student interns perform the Pre-Participation Physical Exam and Baseline Concussion testing under the supervision of chiropractic faculty members and clinical staff who are licensed doctors of chiropractic. Chiropractic students who have been appropriately trained conduct the Strength and Flexibility Fitness Challenge.
Registration and fees
- $65 per student: Pre-participation Sports Physical Exam and Baseline Concussion Testing
- $10 per student: Baseline Concussion Testing only
Register online and choose a time for your exam. Walk-ins not accepted.
Registration is closed.
The following documents must be brought to the event or filled out on-site by the student's parent or legal guardian.
High school athletes:
- Parental Authorization to Treat Minor (pdf)
- Sports Qualifying Physical Exam Form and Health Questionnaire (pdf)
Students not participating in a high school sport:
- Statement from a physician that it is safe for the student to participate in a rigorous Strength and Flexibility Fitness Challenge - bring to event
If you have questions, contact:
Dr. Jonathan Williams
College of Chiropractic
952-888-4777 ext. 271