Student Health Insurance
Northwestern does not require its students to carry mandatory health insurance, however, we recommend students retain health insurance coverage.
Health insurance/travel health insurance carriers
There are a number of carriers that you may wish to use. If one of the policies meets your needs, register with that carrier directly.
- E. J. Smith and Associates - U.S. and International students health insurance plans
- America College Student Association (ACSA) - U.S. student health insurance plans
- Betins.com - International student/scholar travel health insurance carriers
- Compass Benefit Group - U.S. and International student health and travel insurance plans
- International Student Insurance - International student travel and health insurance plans
State health insurance programs
- Medical Assistance and MinnesotaCare
- MNsure (in response to the Affordable Care Act, effective January 1, 2014)
You may pick up brochures on insurance carriers in the Office of Student Affairs.
If you would like brochures mailed to you, email Greg Withers at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your mailing address.