Kristianne H. Schultz
- Associate Clinic Faculty
- Edith Davis Teaching Clinic
- College of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Chronic pain and migraine
- Digestive, sleep and anxiety disorders
- Osteoarthritis and stroke
- Women's health issues
I am a clinic supervisor in the College of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine teaching clinics. I believe in service. As an Oriental medicine practitioner and instructor, I have a commitment not only to my patients who see me for a variety of ailments and imbalances, but to the students I teach and to the community where I practice.
I serve my patients by treating a multitude of ailments including chronic pain, digestive disorders, anxiety, sleep disorders, colds and flu, migraines, menopause, stroke, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia and fertility difficulties. I also enjoy providing care to the homebound and patients on hospice care.
Oriental medicine is truly a team effort. The patient brings 80% to the healing - from the moment they call for an appointment to their willingness to receive treatment. I provide the other 20%. This includes the education and knowledge I learned throughout my schooling, along with the experience and daily learning I acquire from running my own practice. I bring these tools, while the patient brings their openness to rebalance themselves. This teamwork empowers the patient to see that they can move their own energy, which encourages an innate healing experience.
I believe healing is a science blended with art and communication. A sense of wellness can happen with the proper lifestyle and self-awareness in thought and in action. Homeostasis in mind, body and spirit can create equilibrium in life.
I earned a diplomate in Oriental medicine from NCCAOM in 2009. I also pursued advanced studies at Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (China) where I received a certificate of TCM lectures and clinical practice in 2009. I completed the integrative health practitioner training for Oriental medicine practitioners at Abbott Northwestern Hospital in 2011.
- NCCAOM Diplomate - Oriental Medicine,
- Master of Oriental Medicine - Northwestern Health Sciences University, 2008