Research Strategic Plan 2010-2015
Northwestern’s research strategic plan for 2010-2015 promises exciting opportunities for collaboration and growth. Our focus includes:
Designing and seeking funding for original clinical research investigating the biological, psychological and social aspects of musculoskeletal conditions using innovative technologies.
This will include exploration of research questions related to:
- Causal mechanisms of musculoskeletal conditions
- Explanatory mechanisms of CAM and other conservative interventions
- Efficacy and effectiveness of CAM, conservative interventions, and integrated care
- Systematic reviews of CAM and other conservative therapies for musculosketal conditions
Designing and seeking funding for research education and knowledge transfer programs including:
- Integrating research into Northwestern’s curricula through student and faculty initiatives
- Designing and implementing resources for CAM students, faculty and practitioners to facilitate evidence informed practice
- Training the next generation of CAM research scientists
Contributing to the growth of Northwestern as the premier evidence informed educational CAM institution through institutional leadership in:
- Electronic patient records
- Outcomes assessment
- Implementation of best practices in clinical decision making and care
Responsibly influencing the appropriate interpretation and use of research information through collaboration with third party payers, policy makers, professional associations and health care organizations.
Contributing to international, national, state and professional research agendas through participation in key organizations including the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, the Cochrane Collaboration and others.