Nutrition Admissions Requirements
Graduate Certificates / Master of Health Science in Applied Clinical Nutrition
Our programs are designed for healthcare and wellness professionals:
- Doctors of Chiropractic
- Acupuncturists and Chinese Medicine Practitioners
- Physicians, Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine
- Registered Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants
- Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists
- Health, Wellness and Fitness Coaches
- Athletic and Personal Trainers
- Students currently enrolled at Northwestern
- Other public health and wellness professionals
- A 2.5 minimum GPA is required in all circumstances.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree from a nationally or regionally accredited university prior to enrolling in either of the certificates or master’s degree programs. Completion of an undergraduate biology, chemistry or physiology course – with a minimum of a C grade – prior to enrolling.
- Complete an admission application
Non-program students: Completion of 60 undergraduate credits, which at a minimum include an undergraduate biology, chemistry or physiology course – with a minimum of a C grade – prior to enrolling in any of the graduate-level courses. Students may take the four core courses as a non-program student; however, these students will still need to complete an application for the Nutrition program as a non-degree-seeking student.