This scholarship is offered to incoming students whose immediate family member – parent, grandparent, sibling or child – is an alumnus or current student of Northwestern. It is available to students who have applied to the:
- Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Program
- Doctor of Chiropractic Program
- $2,500 awarded over your first two to four trimesters depending on credit load and schedule.
Awarded to all matriculating students who meet the application deadline and fulfill the eligibility requirements.
- Incoming student who has submitted an application for admission
- Immediate family member who is a Northwestern alumnus or current student is limited to student’s parent, grandparent, sibling or child*
* Only one scholarship is awarded even though a student may have more than one family member who is an alumnus or current student. If two (or more) students share the same family member, each student may receive a scholarship.
Submission of false or misleading information invalidates the applicant’s eligibility for this scholarship, and may be grounds for corrective action including, but not limited to, rescindment of admission.
Students are not eligible to receive a combination of scholarships and/or tuition remission benefits totaling more than 100% of the cost of their tuition.
Incoming students apply for the Legacy Scholarship during the application process in the Student Application Portal. Start your application today. If you have already submitted your admissions application and you feel you qualify for the Legacy Scholarship, please reach out to Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
A letter of award will be sent by the Scholarship Committee and Office of Admissions upon final confirmation of eligibility. You can also review scholarship applications and awards through the Student Application Portal.
Find out when you will be notified.
Upon receipt of a scholarship award, an adjustment may be made to your financial aid package to meet federal regulations and institutional policies.