Sarah L. Weaver
- Assistant Professor
- Northwestern Health Clinic Bloomington
- Migraine and tension headaches
- Chronic pain
- TMJ problems
- Colic or feeding problems in infants, infantile torticollis
- Anxiety, stress-related conditions, and traumatic injuries
- Aging process
I am a nationally certified massage therapist and licensed acupuncturist at the Northwestern Health Clinic Bloomington, and assistant professor for the Massage Therapy Program at Northwestern Health Sciences University.
In my massage therapy practice, I use a deep-tissue technique called neuromuscular therapy, which combines deep gliding strokes and sustained pressure to relieve painful knots in your muscles. I also use craniosacral therapy which focuses on relieving tension in the connective tissue system inside the spine and cranium and throughout the body.
In my acupuncture practice, I focus on using the holistic system of Chinese medicine to understand a condition within the context of a person’s whole body and lifestyle. I enjoy using the many tools of Chinese medicine to help people change complex patterns and work towards optimal health.
I believe in thoughtful, individual and compassionate care, and enjoy problem solving with people and positively contributing to their health. My philosophy is to fit treatment to the individual and their goals.
- Board Certified in Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork, 1992
- CPR/AED certification, 2018
- NCCAOM Diplomate - Oriental Medicine, 2013
- Master of Fine Arts - University of Minnesota, 2000
- Master of Oriental Medicine - Northwestern Health Sciences University, 2008