Office Pro Plus 2016 Roll Out
Northwestern Health Sciences University is upgrading Microsoft Office on all campus computers owned by the University. This upgrade integrates with our Office 365 applications and services, and will also include Skype for Business. Skype for Business will replace the Novell Messenger client and Cisco Webex.
Sometime during the next several weeks for faculty and staff, NWHSU IT will come by your office area to conduct a site survey of the computers within your offices. This survey is to ensure everything is ready to install the upgraded Office Pro Plus 2016 suite. The suite includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Skype for Business and other Office applications. After the upgrade we will offer 1-on-1 training in Skype for Business as needed since it is a new application to many in the University community. Training in other applications for Office Pro Plus 2016 will be gladly provided upon request. Skype for Business and Office 365 self-help and training can also be found on the Northwestern IT’s Office 365 site at https://www.nwhealth.edu/office365.
We expect to complete the full deployment to all University owned computers during the next 4 to 6 weeks except public area computers in the library and hallway by the Fireside lounge, which will be completed during the August break between trimesters.
What do I need to know?
Faculty and Staff
· Novell Messenger will be replaced with Skype for Business.
· Skype for Business provides the same features of Novell Messenger and much more.
· Office 2016 will replace the currently installed version of Office on your University provided computer. Training information can be found at:https://www.nwhealth.edu/office365
· The deployment will occur during the late night/early morning hours to reduce interference with your normal business/teaching activities.
· No existing documents will be lost or destroyed as a result of the deployment.
· We will work with each individual department to set a date for deployment.
· If your computer is a laptop, you will need to leave your computer on campus, have it connected to the network by cable (not wireless) and powered on during the night of the deployment.
o You can also arrange a time with IT to upgrade your laptop if leaving it overnight is not convenient.
· All desktop computers will need to be powered on during the night of the deployment.
The general use computers in the computer lab, student rooms, library, and other public locations will soon require you to login with your own account. You should use the same username and password you use to log into your Office 365 account.
Skype for Business is part of Office Pro Plus. Skype for Business provides opportunities for collaboration and communication. Skype for Business information and training may be found at: https://www.nwhealth.edu/office365/nwskype/
If you have any questions or comments, please contact the IT department at: firstname.lastname@example.org | 952-888-4477 Ext 357 | Stop down to the IT Tech Center in room 19.