Applied Clinical Nutrition ProgramPage Menu
Office of Admissions
- Gain expertise in nutrition
- Deepen your knowledge of evidence-based practice
- Enhance practice opportunities
- Apply real-world examples
- Learn from faculty mentors
As a healthcare provider or wellness professional, you are aware of the significant role that diet and good nutrition play in maintaining health.
Our Applied Clinical Nutrition Program is designed to provide sound, evidence-based nutrition information for you to incorporate within your current scope of practice to ultimately enhance patient care.
Watch and listen as Dr. Maria Boosalis discusses the important relationships between nutrition and chronic disease, and how Northwestern's programs prepare healthcare providers to give sound, evidenced-based nutrition advice to their patients and clients.
Our unique program offers two graduate-level Certificates in Applied Clinical Nutrition. Complete one or both certificates - or take individual courses that interest you. Apply certificate credits toward our Master of Health Science (MHS) which requires only 3 additional courses.
Develop expert knowledge in the management of various disease states including hypertension, obesity, diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
Become a skilled professional in the areas of maintaining and improving health and wellness, including sports nutrition.
Certificate program details
- Part-time enrollment with convenient online and on-campus courses
- Each certificate is 7 courses (16 credits)
- Completion of both certificates is a total of 10 courses (22 credits)
- Apply credits toward 30-credit MHS in Applied Clinical Nutrition
Master of Health Science
The 22 credits you earn upon completion of both certificates can be applied toward our 30-credit Master of Health Science in Applied Clinical Nutrition Program.
Master's program details
- Complete both certificates for a total of 10 courses (22 credits)
- Complete only 3 additional courses (8 credits) to earn MHS degree
The nutrition program will now only accept new students for the fall term. We are currently accepting applications for the fall 2017 start date. Classes begin September 6.