Be Personal: The easiest way to remember a complex password is to develop your own personal pattern from a combination of elements. Your pattern will determine which letters are uppercase, which are lowercase, and where your digits will be placed. Stick to your pattern each time you create your password.
Password Example 1:
- Select a memorable line from a song, movie, or book.
i. With A Little Help From My Friends.
- Choose the first letter of each word.
- Capitalize every other letter.
- Add a number after the first, and a symbol at the end.
Your new password is: W3aLhFmF#
Password Example 2:
- Select two or more words that you can remember.
i. North Western
- Reverse the words and capitalize two letters.
- Place a number and a symbol between the words.
Your new password is: Western5#North
Microsoft Password Requirements
|Password strength||Passwords require 3 out of 4 of the following:
|Password history||Last password cannot be used again|
|Password history duration||None|
|Account lockout||After 10 unsuccessful logon attempts (wrong password), the user will need to solve a CAPTCHA dialog as part of logon.After a further 10 unsuccessful logon attempts (wrong password) and correct solving of the CAPTCHA dialog, the user will be locked out for a time period. Further incorrect passwords will result in an exponential increase in the lockout time period.|