Sweere Academic Scholars Award
The Sweere Academic Scholars Award was established through the generosity of Harry and Janice Sweere, the brother and sister-in-law of retired Northwestern professor Joseph Sweere, DC. The Sweere Family Scholarship Fund represents an endowment gift of $1,000,000 by Harry and Janice Sweere, the founders of Ergotron, Inc. – an internationally recognized company that designs and markets ergonomic computer mounting solutions.
From the award announcement forward, each scholarship winner will be acknowledged as a “Sweere Academic Scholar” with the privilege of using that designation on their personal resumé or in other appropriate circumstances.
- No. of awards: All 4.0 GPA students will be awarded once a year
- Anticipated award amount: $30,000 will be distributed evenly among the 4.0 GPA students
- The scholarship will be awarded each subsequent year to those students who maintain their academic position – up to a maximum of $4,000
- Enrolled full-time in the Doctor of Chiropractic Program
- T2-T9 (the award commences after completion of the first trimester)
- Maintains one of the highest grade point averages among all chiropractic students
The scholarship is awarded automatically based on GPA. There is no application procedure.
Students who have taken a trimester off from their studies may remain eligible for the award as long as they resume a full-time status upon their return and maintain their academic position. In such instances, the recorded grades over their last three full-time trimesters will be used as the qualifying criteria.
Award recipients are notified by email one week prior to the annual Chiropractic Homecoming. Award recipients will also be announced in a general session at Homecoming.
Upon receipt of a scholarship award, an adjustment may be made to your financial aid package to meet federal regulations and institutional policies.