Manual Lymph Drainage Certification Course
An Essential Skill for Massage Therapists!
This 5 1/2 day MLD certification course is based on the techniques developed by Dr. Emil Vodder, PhD, MT. When skillfully applied this therapeutic form of soft tissue mobilization dramatically enhances lymph formation and promotes drainage within the superficial and deep systems of the lymph vascular network.
During this course, you will learn anatomy and physiology of the lymphatic system. Basic MLD treatment sequences as well as MLD treatment sequences for mild, medically uncomplicated upper and lower extremity lymphedema will be demonstrated and practiced. Each day will be divided into two sections: theoretical and hands-on application.
Indications for MLD include:
- Post-traumatic and post-surgical edema
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
- Fibrocystic Breast Disease
- Migraine/sinus headache
- Palliative care
- Pain control
- Follow-up treatment to deep tissue work
- General relaxation and detoxification
- Enhanced Immune Function
Objectives - participants will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of the anatomy and the relevant scientific terminology related to the lymphatic system.
- demonstrate an understanding of the differentiation between the normal and diseased states of the lymphatic system (physiology and pathophysiology of the lymphatic system).
- demonstrate an understanding of the indications and contraindications related to the sue of MLD.
- competently perform the techniques of MLD for all body areas.
- develop appropriate treatment strategies for indications such as post-surgical edema, post-traumatic edema, fibromyalgia, general detoxification and other conditions.
- competently perform MLD on clients after breast surgery for cancer (clients at risk to develop lymphedema).
- competently perform MLD on clients with mild, medically uncomplicated primary or secondary lymphedema.
This course is offered to all Massage Therapists who can show proof of completion of a minimum of 500 hours of training or be certified by the NCBTMB (All NWHSU graduates are eligible). This course is also offered to physical therapists, physical therapists assistants, occupational therapists, occupational therapists assistants, ATCs, nurses and medical doctors.
Tuition & Refund Policy
The total tuition for the course is $950.00 unless discounts are offered by the host facility. Payment is due in full at the time of registration. If a student withdraws more than three (3) weeks before the start of the class, the student will be refunded their tuition within 10 business days, minus a nonrefundable administrative charge of $100.00. No refunds will be given in case of student cancellation less than three (3) weeks prior to the first day of class or at any time after the class has started, regardless of the reason for withdrawal or dismissal.
RETURN TO TOP