Manual Lymph Drainage Certification Course
An Essential Skill for Massage Therapists!
This 6 day MLD certification course is based on the techniques developed by Dr. Emil Vodder, PhD, MT. When skillfully applied this therapeutic form of soft tissue mobilization dramatically enhances lymph formation and promotes drainage within the superficial and deep systems of the lymph vascular network.
During this course, you will learn anatomy and physiology of the lymphatic system. Basic MLD treatment sequences as well as MLD treatment sequences for mild, medically uncomplicated upper and lower extremity lymphedema will be demonstrated and practiced. Each day will be divided into two sections: theoretical and hands-on application.
Indications for MLD include:
- Post-traumatic and post-surgical edema
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
- Fibrocystic Breast Disease
- Migraine/sinus headache
- Palliative care
- Pain control
- Follow-up treatment to deep tissue work
- General relaxation and detoxification
- Enhanced Immune Function
Objectives - participants will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of the anatomy and the relevant scientific terminology related to the lymphatic system.
- demonstrate an understanding of the differentiation between the normal and diseased states of the lymphatic system (physiology and pathophysiology of the lymphatic system).
- demonstrate an understanding of the indications and contraindications related to the sue of MLD.
- competently perform the techniques of MLD for all body areas.
- develop appropriate treatment strategies for indications such as post-surgical edema, post-traumatic edema, fibromyalgia, general detoxification and other conditions.
- competently perform MLD on clients after breast surgery for cancer (clients at risk to develop lymphedema).
- competently perform MLD on clients with mild, medically uncomplicated primary or secondary lymphedema.
Please note: this course will not prepare you for the Complete Decongestive therapy (CDT) treatment of lymphedema. If you are so motivated you must take an additional certification training course and meet other requirements for enrollment. Contact Klose Training and Consulting or (303) 245-0333 to discuss.
This course is offered to all Massage Therapists who can show proof of completion of a minimum of 500 hours of training or be certified by the NCBTMB (All NWHSU graduates are eligible). This course is also offered to physical therapists, physical therapists assistants, occupational therapists, occupational therapists assistants, nurses and medical doctors.
RETURN TO TOP