Starting and Managing a Student Club or OrganizationPage Menu
Start a student club or organization
Any student can start a student club or organization and can do so at any time during the academic year. To become officially recognized, clubs must submit a statement of purpose, objectives and procedures that are reviewed and approved by an advisor and the Dean of Student Affairs.
Each club must have an advisor and go through the entire recognition process every third academic year. Each academic term, organization leaders must submit an updated list of officers and members to the Office of Student Affairs.
Fund your student club
At the beginning of each trimester, clubs and organizations may apply for funding from the Student Senate for the current trimester. Funds will be granted based upon completion of requirements and eligibility. Funding requirements are outlined in the Student Senate budget proposal guidelines (listed below). Funds will be distributed through expense vouchers (listed below) or by providing a purchase order and voucher at least one week prior to the time the money is needed.
- Student Senate expense voucher (pdf)
- How to get funding for your club (pdf)
- Budget proposal form (pdf)
Schedule club meetings, events and speakers
Find out how to:
Make a change in your club
Obtain the required signatures and turn the form into the Office of Student Affairs:
- Change in Leader Form (pdf) - to make a change during the trimester
- Change in Club Name Form (pdf) - to make a change at any point in time
- Change in Advisor Form (pdf) - to make a change at any point in time
Submit your End of Term Summary
The End of Term Summary is a report on your club or organization's activities over the entire term. Guidelines are included on the form. Some things to remember:
- Type your reports - it's best for everyone if we don't need to guess at what you've written.
- You are not limited to the 5 events in the "Events-Programs-Fundraisers-Activities-Speakers" section. Make sure you list all of your events.
- Attach your attendance sheets to the report. These are the same lists that your members use to sign in at your meetings/events. They do not need to be typed, we would like the originals.
- A "Term of Inactivity" refers to a trimester in which your club will not be active. If you know that your club will not be up and running next term, let us know why.
The End of Term Summary is due by 12 pm (noon) on the last Friday before the first set of finals begin in the term. Turn in your report to the Student Senate Treasurer mailbox in the Club and Organization Center.
- End of Term Summary (pdf)