Financial Aid Policies
State of Minnesota policies
- Minnesota State Grant and SELF Loan Program – Minnesota Office of Higher Education
Northwestern Health Sciences University policies
You can find all of our financial aid polices and more information in our University Catalog.
Federal financial aid penalties for drug law violations
NWHSU is committed to creating a safe and welcoming environment for students, employees, patients, and guests. The drug and alcohol use policy describes acceptable uses and penalties when the policy is violated.
In addition to campus sanctions and criminal penalties, a student who has been convicted of a drug-related violation under federal or state law can be disqualified for federal financial aid funding.
Those convicted of possessing illegal drugs will lose financial aid eligibility for:
- First offense – one year from date of conviction
- Second offense – two years from date of conviction
- Third+ offense(s) – indefinitely
Those convicted of selling illegal drugs will lose financial aid eligibility for:
- First offense – two years from date of conviction
- Second offense – indefinitely
For more information, review Federal Student Aid rules on financial aid eligibility.