Veterans Education Benefits and Financial Aid
As a veteran or active duty member of the U.S. military, you may qualify to finance your education through a combination of financial aid, VA benefits and scholarships.
Northwestern is pleased to offer Military Scholarships and the Yellow Ribbon Program. In addition, you may be eligible for Federal Financial Aid and VA Education Benefits. We’ll help you secure the benefits you have earned by serving our country.
In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679 subsection (e) of the Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018, Northwestern Health Sciences University will not impose a penalty on any student using veterans education benefits under Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment) or Chapter 33 (Post 9/11 GI Bill) because of the individual’s inability to meet his or her financial obligations to the institution due to the delayed disbursement of funding from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). This school will not:
- Prevent the student’s enrollment;
- Assess a late penalty fee to;
- Require student secure alternative or additional funding;
- Deny their access to any resources (access to classes, library, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.
However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:
Provide Chapter 33 Certificate of Eligibility (or its equivalent) or for Chapter 31, VA VRE&E’s contract with the school on VA Form 28-1905 by the first day of class.
Note: Chapter 33 students can register at the VA Regional Office to use E-Benefits to get the equivalent of a Chapter 33 Certificate of Eligibility. Chapter 31 students cannot get a completed VA Form 28-1905 (or any equivalent) before the VA VR&E case-manager issues it to the school.
- Provide a written request to be certified;
- Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies