Guides to Archives Materials
Historical materials that pertain to the history of Northwestern Health Sciences University and integrative health care are available for use in the library. The documents below are guides to our collections of archival materials, so you can see what we have and let us know if you’re interested in learning more. Some major topics found in our archives include Northwestern College of Chiropractic and founder John B. Wolfe, Sr., NWCC/NWHSU faculty members like J. Lamoine De Rusha, Edith Davis and the Minnesota Institute of Acupuncture and Herbal Studies, the Minnesota Chiropractic Auxiliary and Minnesota Chiropractic Association, early 20th century alternative medical equipment, alternative health brochures, and more. Read our Archives Policy.
In 2017, NWHSU received a Minnesota Historical and Cultural Heritage Grant to survey our archives and to review and revise or create archives documentation, including the collection documents below.
This publication was made possible in part by the people of Minnesota through a grant funded by an appropriation to the Minnesota Historical Society from the Minnesota Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund. Any views, findings, opinions, conclusions or recommendations expressed in this publication are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of the State of Minnesota, the Minnesota Historical Society, or the Minnesota Historic Resources Advisory Committee.
Each PDF listed below is an inventory of an archives collection. To make arrangements to review actual documents, email email@example.com.
- Collection of Notes from Edith Davis’ Acupuncture Courses
- Collection on MN State Board of MEs vs Olsen, et al
- Collection on Sherman College vs US Commissioner of Ed
- De Rusha Collection
- Edith Davis Collection
- Frederick P Drier Papers
- Greenawalt Library Collection
- John B Wolfe Sr Collection
- Keating Collection on Claude O Watkins
- Mark E Brewer Collection of Chiropractic Materials
- Minnesota Chiropractic Auxiliary Scrapbook
- NWHSU 50th Anniversary Collection
- NWHSU Audiovisual Department Collection
- NWHSU Board of Trustees Collection
- NWHSU Collection of Awards & Memorabilia
- NWHSU Collection of Chiropractic Office Forms
- NWHSU Collection of Graphic & Visual Arts Materials
- NWHSU Collection of Health Care Diagnostic & Treatment Artifacts
- NWHSU Collection of Photographs & Clippings
- NWHSU Collection of Posters
- NWHSU Collection of Professional Convention Programs
- NWHSU Collection of University President Materials
- NWHSU Collection on Chiropractic History
- NWHSU Collection on University History
- NWHSU Commencement Programs
- NWHSU Office of Alumni and Development Collection
- NWHSU Office of Continuing Education Collection
- NWHSU Office of Diversity & Inclusion Collection
- NWHSU Office of Institutional Effectiveness Collection
- NWHSU Office of Student Affairs Collection
- NWHSU Textiles Collection
- Oldenburg Family Collection
- Process of Integrating Evidence for CIH Educators Conference Collection
If you need any help finding materials, ask a librarian or call 952-885-5419.
A digitization project consisting of historical photographs of NWHSU and earlier chiropractic schools in Minnesota.
History of Chiropractic in MN
Modeled after the Digital Public Library for America Primary Source Sets, the MN Digital Library Primary Sources project is designed to help students put MN history and culture in context using primary and secondary sources.
History of Chiropractic in MN
Interested in researching Minnesota chiropractic history yourself? Check out the resources on this document. MN Chiropractic History Resources
History of Chiropractic Education in MN
A timeline and interactive map depicting the history of chiropractic education in Minnesota.
Teaching Chiropractic in the North Star State
Women in Early Chiropractic
NWHSU History on Social Media