Board Exams, Certification and Licensing
Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine
NCCAOM exam and certification
Most states require the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) examination and/or certification for licensing.
To apply to take the NCCAOM exam:
- Come to the office of Jessica Frier, director, to fill out a transcript request form.
- Once your transcript request form is complete, Jessica Frier will complete the pre-graduation verification form for you.
More information on NCCAOM exam and certification:
- National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Meeting NCCAOM eligibility requirements at Northwestern
Licensing requirements vary by state. Learn more about licensure.
National Board Exams – National Board of Chiropractic Examiners (NBCE)
Parts I, II, III, Physiotherapy and Acupuncture, IV
Application and exam information:
- Create your online NBCE account at mynbce.org
- MYNBCE.org – for written exam details, dates, deadlines, fees, sample tests, brochure and more
- Always check the NBCE website for the most update to date exam dates and deadline information – NBCE exam dates and deadlines
- NBCE Part IV exam dates and deadlines
More information on the National Board exams:
Licensing requirements for doctors of chiropractic are determined by individual states and Canadian provinces. Find out more about licensure at:
To apply for a chiropractic post-graduate preceptorship, contact the Office of Clinical Education at 952-888-4777 ext. 584.
The certification exam for the National Certification in Therapeutic Massage credential (NCTM) is administered by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB). To apply for the certification and exam:
- Obtain certification information and forms.
- Request a transcript from the Office of the Registrar. Fill out the transcript request form and return it to the Registrar to have your transcripts sent to the NCBTMB.
More information about the NCTM certification:
Professional licensing requirements vary by jurisdiction. Learn more about licensure.