Board Exams, Certification and Licensing

Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine

NCCAOM exam and certification

Most states require the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) examination and/or certification for licensing.

To apply to take the NCCAOM exam:

  1. Create an account with NCCAOM.
  2. You will need to request your NWHSU transcript to be sent to NCCAOM.
  3. Go to the National Student Clearinghouse to order your transcript.
  4. In your National Student Clearinghouse request, your transcript needs to be sent to:
  5. Registrar will upload transcript to NCCAOM school portal.


Registrar Office 

More information on NCCAOM exam and certification:


Licensing requirements vary by state. Learn more about licensure.


National Board Exams – National Board of Chiropractic Examiners (NBCE)

Parts I, II, III, Physiotherapy and Acupuncture, IV

Application and exam information:

Student eligibility:

National Board of Chiropractic Eligibility 


More information on the National Board exams:


Licensing requirements for doctors of chiropractic are determined by individual states and Canadian provinces. Find out more about licensure at:

Post-graduate preceptorship

To apply for a chiropractic post-graduate preceptorship, contact the Office of Clinical Education at 952-888-4777 ext. 584.

Massage Therapy

Certification exam

The certification exam for the National Certification in Therapeutic Massage credential (NCTM) is administered by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB). To apply for the certification and exam:

  1. Obtain certification information and forms.
  2. Request a transcript from the Office of the Registrar. Fill out the transcript request form and return it to the Registrar to have your transcripts sent to the NCBTMB.

More information about the NCTM certification:


Professional licensing requirements vary by jurisdiction. Learn more about licensure.