Databases & E-Journals
Finding Known Articles or Journals
If you have an article citation and want to locate the full-text article, use the new search tool on our home page.
- Search by the full article title.
- Click on Access Options. If the full text is available, you will find a link.
- If the article is not available in our library, choose Interlibrary Loan. We will locate the article for you.
If you are interested in browsing a journal, you can use the Publication Finder tool. While this is integrated in our new search tool, it can also be searched directly.
Databases and Other Resources
Summary resources synthesize and critically appraise all studies on a topic:
- The Cochrane Library: Provides “independent high-quality evidence for healthcare decision making.”
- Natural Medicines: Offers evidence-based information about complementary and alternative therapies. Created through the merge of Natural Standard and Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database.
- Trip Database: A Clinical Search engine that sorts information based on quality. It includes images & videos, guidelines (including those from the closed National Guidelines Clearinghouse), systematic reviews and ongoing registered studies.
- AltHealthWatch: Focuses on complementary, holistic and integrated approaches to health care and wellness.
- AMED: (Allied and Complementary Medicine) Covers complementary medicine, palliative care, physiotherapy, occupational therapy and rehabilitation.
- CINAHL Plus with Full Text: (Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature). Features extensive coverage of the nursing literature, as well as strong coverage in allied health fields, such as emergency service, occupational therapy, physical therapy, healing touch and chiropractic.
- Films On Demand: Videos covering numerous Allied Health topics
- Index to Chiropractic Literature: Indexes peer-reviewed chiropractic journals.
- MedlinePlus: The National Institutes of Health’s website for patients and their families and friends, offering reliable, up-to-date health information about diseases and wellness issues.
- PubMed: Comprises more than 20 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals and e-books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher websites.
- Rittenhouse ebooks: More ebooks, including Nutritional Medicine, Chiropractic Techniques and more…etc.
General interest databases
- Academic Search Premier: Includes healthcare articles and articles related to all areas of academic study.
- eBook Collection: Collection of eBooks.
- Electronic Library for Minnesota (ELM): Includes consumer-oriented healthcare information, kid-friendly databases and the ERIC database for educators. Some resources are available in Spanish.
- Learning Express Library: A database of tools for career preparation including resume development and test prep for graduate school admissions exams (MCAT, GRE, DAT, PCAT) or certification exams (Medical Assistant & Radiation Therapist)
- Newspapers (ProQuest): Full-text access to 532 newspapers worldwide (including the Star Tribune and St. Paul Pioneer Press).
- Points of View Reference Center: A good introduction to exploring both sides of hot topics. Entries include points, counterpoints, overviews and the ability to find more supplemental material on the topics.
- WorldCat: Takes you to a worldwide catalog of materials on virtually any subject.
Use of Electronic Resources
Electronic resources are for the use of authorized users. For more information, please see our guidelines.