The following is a list of publications authored by researchers at the Wolfe-Harris Center for Clinical Studies at Northwestern Health Sciences University. The links will take you to the abstract of the article in PubMed.
Watch this space for all the latest research publications.
Names in BOLD indicate research faculty and staff from the Wolfe-Harris Center for Clinical Studies. More to be added soon!
- Ziegler AML, Salsbury SA, Maiers M. Discrepant Perceptions of Biopsychosocial and Active Care Recommendations Between Doctors of Chiropractic and Midlife and Older Adult Patients: A Descriptive Survey. J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2023 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmpt.2023.04.003
- Bronfort G, Maiers M, Schulz C, Leininger B, Westrom K, Angstman G, Evans R. Multidisciplinary integrative care versus chiropractic care for low back pain: a randomized clinical trial. Chiropr Man Therap. 2022 Mar 1;30(1):10. doi: 10.1186/s12998-022-00419-3. PMID: 35232482.
- Maiers M, Forte ML. Association Between Psychosocial Parameters and Response to Chiropractic Care Among Older Adults With Chronic Low Back Pain: Secondary Analysis of a Randomized Clinical Trial. J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2021 Nov-Dec;44(9):675-682. doi: 10.1016/j.jmpt.2022.03.001. Epub 2022 Jun 24. PMID: 35753883.
- Salsbury SA, Maiers M. Qualitative Analysis of Illness Representations and Coping Perceptions Among Older Adults With Chronic Spinal Disability: “A Thought in the Back of My Mind”. J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2021 Oct;44(8):652-662. doi: 10.1016/j.jmpt.2022.02.003. PMID: 35786297.
- Azad A, Maiers M, Stuber KJ, Ciolfi M. Gender diversity in chiropractic leadership—a cross-sectional study. J Can Chiropr Assoc 2021. In press
- Maiers M, Salsbury SA. “Like Peanut Butter and Jelly”: A Qualitative Study of Chiropractic Care and Home Exercise Among Older Adults with Spinal Disability. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2021 May 10. doi: 10.1002/acr.24636. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33973398.
- Madigan D, Maiers M, Pfeifer J. Public health competencies for chiropractic programs. Pedagogy in Health Promotion 2020 6(4) 291-5.
- Malone Q, Passmore S, Maiers M. Comparing two moderate-to-vigorous physical activity accelerometer cut points in older adults with neck and back disabilities undergoing exercise and spinal manipulation interventions. J Aging Phys Act 2019 Nov 7:1-7.
- Schulz C, Evans R, Maiers M, Schulz K, Leininger B, Bronfort G. Spinal manipulative therapy and exercise for older adults with chronic low back pain: a randomized clinical trial. Chiropractic & Manual Therapies. 2019 May 15;27:21. doi:10.1186/s12998-019-0243-1.
- Forte M, Maiers M. Differences in function and comorbidities between older adult users and nonusers of chiropractic and osteopathic manipulation: a cross-sectional analysis of the 2012 National Health Interview Survey. [e-published ahead of print, Jul 16, 2019 J Manip Physiol Ther. doi: 10.1016/j.jmpt.2018.12.003
- Hammerich K, Stuber K, Hogg-Johnson S, Abbas A, Harris M, Lauridsen HH, Lemeunier N, Maiers M, McCarthy P, Morales V, Myburgh C, Petrini V, Pohlman K, Mior S. Assessing attitudes of patient-centered care among students in international chiropractic educational programs: a cross-sectional survey. Chiropr Man Therap. 2019 Sep 12;27:46. doi: 10.1186/s12998-019-0263-x. eCollection 2019.