How to Pay Tuition
Most students’ financial aid pays for all of their tuition and fees. Students whose financial aid does not cover the full expense or who are not receiving financial aid can pay their tuition online, over the phone or in person.
Tuition payment process
- Student Statements are generally produced after registration is completed and financial aid has been applied to a student account. This is typically two weeks after the beginning of each trimester. These statements are available for students to pick up in the Accounting Office. Unclaimed statements will be mailed to the students address. Statements can be run upon request, at any time.
- All tuition and fee payments are due by the last day of the month a trimester begins (A trimester starting 9/1/18 will have a due date of 9/30/18).
- Payments are processed the next business day
- Any changes to your course load – for example, adding or dropping a course – may increase or decrease your tuition
- Foreign credit card payments are accepted IN PERSON only in the Accounting Office
NOTE: Refund checks from financial aid are typically distributed after the 10th day of class. Make sure your address is current. Review your address on E-Northwestern and make changes, if necessary or complete an online address change form here: Address Change Form
To pay online with a credit card or electronic check*, submit a:
* If you are paying by electronic check, it must be in U.S. dollars from a U.S. bank.
Pay in person
Pay at the Accounting Office (room 112). You may pay by check, credit card or cash.
Call the Accounting Office at 952-885-5401 or stop by room 112.
Request a Statement of Account
To request a statement of your account, complete a Request For Student Statements Form and return it to the Accounting Department (main floor, room 112, look for the “Accounting” sign). Allow 3 business days for processing.
You can pick up your statement in person at the Office of the Registrar (main floor, room 114, look for the “Registrar/Financial Aid” sign.) You can also have it mailed to you. Indicate your preference on the form.
If you have questions about your account, contact the Accounting Office at 952-885-5401.