Yellow Ribbon Program
If you are a veteran, you may be eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program. Under the Yellow Ribbon Program, additional funds are provided by Northwestern and the Veterans Administration to cover the difference between your Post-911 GI Bill Chapter 33 benefit and the annual cost of tuition at Northwestern.
If you are eligible, 100% of your out-of-pocket costs for tuition will be covered for one academic year. In addition, there is no limit to the number of eligible students who may receive the annual Yellow Ribbon Program benefit at Northwestern.
Only individuals entitled to the maximum benefit rate (100%) for Post-911 GI Bill Chapter 33 assistance may receive Yellow Ribbon Program funding. If you have not done so already, apply for Post-GI Bill benefits to receive your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
You may be eligible if:
- You served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001, of at least 36 months
- You were honorably discharged from active duty for a service connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001, OR
- You are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill based on a veteran’s service under the eligibility criteria listed above
To be eligible at Northwestern, you must be:
- Accepted for admission to a degree granting program in the Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Program, College of Chiropractic, Integrative Care Program, Nutrition Program, Massage Therapy Program, Undergraduate Health Sciences
- A current student in good academic standing
For more information, contact:
Office of Admissions