NWHSU provides students, faculty, and staff with a safe environment for study and work. We have equipped the buildings with a closed-circuit television system, security personnel in the evenings and on weekends, and an escort service.
- Escort service is available until 11:00 p.m. on weeknights and until 9:00 p.m. on weekends by calling ext. 555 or 952-452-9124.
- Routine security functions are performed by facilities employees Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.; including enforcement of campus parking, campus card access system, and fire alarm system.
- Contract security personnel perform security functions Monday through Friday from 3:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. and weekends from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Surveillance cameras operate 24 hours a day at key locations.
- The Facilities department or security personnel are responsible for first response to all emergency situations until assistance is available from local police, fire, or medical agencies.
- All facilities employees and contract security personnel must pass a background check in compliance with Minnesota regulations.
All areas of the main University campus are accessible during normal business hours Monday through Friday. Some areas of the campus such as the library, student lounge, and cafeteria are also accessible on evenings and weekends.
- We have equipped the outside doors to the campus with electronic card access control systems.
- The campus building is accessible by card access only from 6:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 7:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Campus security report
Read the Annual Security Report 2021 (pdf).
Download the Emergency Situation Quick Reference Guide (PDF) for actions to take in case of on campus emergencies.
- Active Shooter training is required for all students and is offered during Fall trimester
- Student questions should be directed to Student Affairs
- In the case of an emergency please call 911 and then facilities at extension 555, or 952-452-9124